**It’s Here! ~ NHSLHA SPRING CONFERENCE 2017**
To Register: Eventbrite NHSLHA Spring Conference 2017.
Dates: March 9 & 10, 2017
Speakers and topics:
Morning: Keri Vasquez-Miloro, MS CAGS, CCC-SLP, BCS-S-“It’s Hard to Swallow:” Focus on Treatment and Management of Dysphagia in Head Neck Cancer
Afternoon: Joan Kelly Arsenault, MA, CCC-SLP, BCS-S and Jane GR Musgrave, MS, OTR/L-Sensory Considerations During Mealtime for Adults with Dementia/Cognitive Impairment
Gina England, MA, CCC-SLP- Swallowing and Voice Dysfunction in the Patient with Suspected Reflux – The Role of the SLP
Kathleen Scaler-Scott, PhD, CCC-SLP-Linguistic, Phonological, and Fluency Patterns in Children on the Autism Spectrum
Morning: Kathryn Ransom, MA-Executive Function is Everywhere: Embedding Executive Function Skills into Instruction
Afternoon: Lauren Koczarski, MS, CCC-SLP-AAC in the Classroom
NHSLHA is a non-profit, professional association and state-level affiliate of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). We are dedicated to providing professionals and consumers with helpful information regarding the speech, language and hearing sciences.
Regional Representatives Meet-and-Greets:
We’ll let you know when more are scheduled.
From The Allied Health Governing Board of Speech Pathologists
1. NH has adopted a Code of Ethics based on the latest ASHA Code of Ethics. This is available at https://www.nh.gov/alliedhealth/documents/SLP-SLACodeofEthics.pdf.
If ethical questions arise, please refer parents, administrators or colleagues to this document. Questions about interpretation should be directed to the office of the Governing Board of Speech-Language Pathology. Contact information is available at https://www.nh.gov/alliedhealth/contactus.htm.
2. The regular monthly meetings of the Governing Board of Speech-Language Pathology are open to the public. Anyone can attend and observe these meetings.There are occasional closed sessions and these will be announced in advance.
3. Speech-language pathologists, speech-language assistants and members of the public who have questions or concerns are encouraged to ask to be placed on an upcoming meeting agenda in order for their questions or concerns to be discussed.
ACE Award Winners
The Award for Continuing Education (ACE) is awarded to professionals who have earned 70 contact hours (7.0 CEUs) of continuing education within a three-year period. It is awarded by the ASHA Continuing Education Registry to honor those who have committed to pursuing lifelong learning.
- Bridgewater – Annie Doyle
- Brookline – William Price
- Center Conway – Carol Ringenberg
- Claremont – Lisa Giguere
- Grantham – Jessica Duryee
- Portsmouth – Susan Stevens
- Stratham – Cassandra Brown
- Swanzey – Catherine Weber
- Troy – Mallory Underwood
Please join NHSLHA in celebrating the awardees of the October-December 2015 ACE Award!
Thank you for your on-going commitment to professional development and serving the speech and language community!
NHSLHA Annual Retreat:
Your NHSLHA Board would like you to know that the Annual Retreat took place in lovely Contoocook, NH. Many topics were discussed and many team-building activities took place.
Stay Tuned via the NHSLHA News to view photos and learn more about how your NHSLHA Board members support you!
Upcoming Board Meeting:
WHEN: Tuesday, 02/21, from 6:00-7:30pm
WHERE: HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, 254 Pleasant Street, Concord, NH 03301
WHO: Board meetings are open to the public. All are welcome!
Curious About NHSLHA?
View our Brochure here.
Please Excuse Our Appearance
We are making many changes to NHSLHA, one of which is updating the website. In the future, we will be able to offer more services and better access to member-exclusive deals and offers. Check back with us soon!